Adjunct Faculty (Nurse Education Day Option, Fundamentals of Nursing)
About Massasoit Community College:
We at Massasoit Community College pride ourselves in our tradition of excellence and in our historic mission of accepting all who desire to learn. Massasoit currently offers 41 associate degree programs in arts, sciences, and applied sciences and 24 certificates. The College also offers non-credit workforce development certificates; corporate training courses; adult basic education; personal enrichment classes; and Early College programs for high school students.
Students of color make up roughly half of all students enrolled and more than half of all Massasoit students are first generation to attend college. More than 900 students graduate from Massasoit with an associate degree or certificate each year.
Brockton, Massachusetts, home of Massasoit's largest campus, prides itself on its diversity of cultures and is home to approximately 95,000 residents. In addition, the college has a campus in Canton, a satellite location in Middleborough, and annually serves students from more than 35 cities and towns in Southeastern Massachusetts. Massasoit is one of the largest community colleges in the state.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer who is committed to increasing diversity across all levels of the college. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.
Accepting Applications for Academic Year 2022-2023
Clinical & Nursing Arts Laboratory instruction of First Year Associate Degree nursing students in Fundamentals of Nursing, NURS 101.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The faculty member will work as a team member on the First Year Nursing Team.
- Clinical teaching, supervision and evaluation of students in the acute care setting, and in Nursing Arts lab
- Adhering to course descriptions and syllabi to ensure course outcomes are met
- Tending to MCC email, offering email accessibility to students
- Attending monthly department/division meetings depending on availability
- Submitting student evaluations as scheduled
THIS POOL IS VALID THROUGH JUNE 30, 2024. APPLICANTS WISHING TO REMAIN IN THE POOL MUST REAPPLY AND UPDATE THEIR INFORMATION THEREAFTER.
Adjunct Faculty are part time instructors hired on an as needed basis. Positions may consist of day, night, or weekend positions and may be in Brockton, Canton, Middleborough, or any other instructional site.
Please note: Positions will be available pending sufficient enrollment. Qualified applicants will be contacted by the academic department.
- Candidate must hold a current Massachusetts Registered Nurse license in good standing or be eligible to be licensed in the state of Massachusetts
- Faculty appointed to a Registered Nursing program, teaching the clinical or skills lab component of a nursing course, shall possess:
- An earned graduate degree in nursing; or
- An earned baccalaureate degree in nursing and also meet at least one of the following:
- Be matriculated in a graduate nursing program with an expected graduation date within five years of the date of the appointment; or
- Possess a related non-nursing graduate degree; or
- Possess a current Nurse Education certification by a Board recognized certifying organization; or
- Possess a minimum of five years full-time Registered Nurse experience within the last eight years, be mentored by faculty who possesses a graduate degree in nursing; and
- Have been appointed before January 6, 2023; or
- Be matriculated in a graduate nursing program within one year of appointment with an expected graduation date within five years of the date of matriculation; or
- Obtain a current Nurse Education certification by a Board recognized certifying organization within three years of appointment.
- BCLS certification
- Minimum of two years full-time experience in nursing within the last five years and evidence of competence in the area of clinical instruction
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of recent developments in nursing education
- Awareness of the sensitivity to educational goals of a multicultural population
- An understanding of evidence-based teaching strategies to improve student learning with a wide range of instructional systems development, tutoring methods, and techniques for student support and success is critical for this applicant
ACLS certification preferred.
Experience in teaching Psychiatric nursing is preferred.
Position Status: MCCC/MTA position
Semester: Academic Year Fall 2023
Hours: Two Days per week (15 hours total, 7.5 hours/ day)
Salary: $11, 503.07 per semester-Part-time Non-Benefited.
Deadline to Apply: Open until Filled
A cover letter and resume are required, please apply online. Resumes will NOT be considered without an accompanying cover letter.
Please Note: Faxed, emailed, or mailed in resumes and/or materials will NOT be accepted. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback on application statuses. Please refrain from contacting the hiring manager and/or hiring department via phone, email, fax, mail, third person party or vendor and in person. Failure to comply, may result in application withdrawal.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the Title IX and Compliance Officer, Amee Synnott, 508-588-9100, x1304, Brockton Campus, Administration Building, Room 219, email@example.com, or the Dean of Students & Deputy Title IX Coordinator, Jessica Correia, 508-588-9100, x1402, Brockton Campus, Student Center, Room 208A, firstname.lastname@example.org, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
To apply, visit https://massasoit.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=167294
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency